High Octane Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement | www.RobertsonTrainingSystems.com

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

You have homework!

One of my favorite movies of all time was "Fight Club." I really like it in the beginning, but it got a little crazy when they started giving homework to their participants.

With that being said, though, I'm going to do the same to you ;)

If you read this today, tomorrow, or whenever, take it upon yourself to make a positive impact on the people you work with. For example, today I'm working with a female sprinter who made it to regionals last year as a freshman. She's pretty good at top-end, but her starts and overall strength are poor. My goal is to teach her the basics in the weight room, give her a solid program, and make sure she gets the most out of her training.

Tomorrow, I start with our boys soccer team - they're finally getting in for some off-season workouts. My goal is to begin teaching them the basics: Foam rolling, basic mobility drills, etc. They are also incredibly weak, so I want to teach them the basic skills they need to be successful in the weight room. They may never go on to play high-level soccer, but good mechanics and technique in the weight room can be used forever.

Basically, my goals are to have a positive impact on these kids over the next two days - what are you going to do?

Stay strong
MR

No comments: