High Octane Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement | www.RobertsonTrainingSystems.com

Monday, March 12, 2007

Synergy

Synergy is an amazing thing. While we all know that 1+1 does not equal 3, we also can't argue that synergy seems to occur.

Synergy is very evident in writing and personal projects. I've been extremely lucky to work with two amazing guys (Bill Hartman and Eric Cressey) on several projects in the past. It should come as no surprise that all of these articles and products have been wildly successful as well. While we've all done our own thing independently, something special happens when you put a group of like-minded individuals together to work on a single task.

The concept of synergy is evident in our training as well. As many of you know I'm doing some body-comp work in lieu of my upcoming travel to Cancun. While my short-term training goal has been to improve body composition, I've also seen a favorable carryover to my strength training and even my diet. It would seem counterintuitive, but I'm more focused on ALL my training and diet now than in the past few weeks. And that's saying something.

But most importantly, the best carryover I've seen are improvements in relationships with family and friends. You know how some times things just feel like they are going well? It's not a coincidence; everything affects everything, either positively or negatively.

Make it a commitment to constantly find and utilize positive synergy in your life. Training not going well? Try spending some extra time with your family or friends. By changing one aspect of your life positively, you create a tide of well-being that will spillover into other aspects as well.

Stay strong
MR

No comments: