High Octane Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement | www.RobertsonTrainingSystems.com

Friday, September 14, 2007

Double-Post Friday!!!


Sorry for the double-post today, but I just seem to have a lot on my mind!

The main reason I'm posting is to wish Greg Oden (former Indianapolis basketball star and #1 pick in last year's NBA draft), a speedy recovery from microfracture surgery yesterday. I don't know Greg personally, but being a huge fan of basketball is reason enough! Greg is arguably the best big man to come out of college since Shaq in the 90's, so I know everyone in the basketball community wants to see him recover quickly and compete against the best.

If you follow the NBA, you probably know that a slew of NBA stars have recently undergone microfracture surgery; this list includes Chris Webber, Jason Kidd, Darius Miles, Zach Randolph, Allan Houston and Amare Stoudemire. Some of these guys, like Stoudemire, have returned to their previous levels of performance. Others, like Allan Houston and Chris Webber, have been robbed of their prevous athleticism and were never the same players post-surgery.

What I'm getting at here is this: It's a major surgery and rehab, which will most likely cost Greg of his entire rookie season. Looking on the bright side, the affected area was small and he is very young (contrary to what he looks like!), so I know everyone is hoping for a full recovery similar to Stoudemire's.
I must admit, all this has me thinking about working on Bulletproof Knees 2.0; I've learned a lot since the original release in April, so we'll see if this gets me motivated enough to get going ;)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Stay strong

MR

No comments: