High Octane Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement | www.RobertsonTrainingSystems.com

Monday, August 20, 2007

Ankle Mobility with Bill Hartman

One of the most common questions I get is how to address ankle mobility. For those of you who have issues w/this, I’d advise checking out Bill Hartman’s ankle mobility video on You Tube. I’ve posted it below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxr9-IB0Rr4

Remember that when we’re talking about getting better mobility (aka dorsiflexion), a holistic approach is best. This can include actual ankle mobility drills, strengthening work for the tibialis anterior, static stretching of the gastroc, soleus, and superficial back line, as well as soft-tissue work. I’ve been using the Starr tool for my soft-tissue work lately, and really like the results it gives. You can find it here:

http://www.starrtool.com/

Being victim to multiple serious ankle sprains in my day, I think it’s going to help loosen things up and lengthen some of that built up scar tissue I have in my lower leg.

No comments: