High Octane Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement | www.RobertsonTrainingSystems.com

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Soft Tissue Work

I've got to admit, I'm shocked that everyone isn't getting some kind of soft tissue work. Some people even think it's BAD.

Now granted, I'm biased - I think I'm a soft tissue whore. Ok, maybe not a whore but at least an addict; foam rolls, ART, massage, I think it all has its place.

After working with Bill for the past couple of weeks, I'm even more convinced at how integral it is in a holistic training program. Watching someone's posture and movement improve almost instantaneously is pretty darn cool in my opinion.

Now, what I'm NOT saying is that soft-tissue work is the be-all, end-all of modalities. It has it's role, just like every other modality - stretching, mobility work, activation, prehab, strength training, etc.

It's just a component - but it's a big component. And if you're not using it to your advantage, you're missing out.

BTW, I've got a sweet little project I'm working on that covers a lot of different soft-tissue techniques; if you're not signed up for my newsletter, you may want to do that soon. Other than a subscription to my newsletter, it will be completely free.

Stay strong
MR

No comments: