Since the Olympics are on in my house pretty much 24/7, I thought I'd give it some blog time today. Enjoy!
- Michael Phelps is a beast - 'nuff said.
- No, just because Michael Phelps can eat 8000-12000 calories of pretty much anything he wants doesn't mean you can. Unless, of course, you're willing to train 2-5 hours per day to do so.
- Gymnastics may not be "cool," but you can't help but acknowledge their skills. I think the most impressive event must be the balance beam, considering it's hardly wide enough for most of their feet!
- It's good to see the USA Men's Basketball team playing as well as they are. They might get burned now and again because they gamble on 'D', but they more than make up for it with all the easy lay-ups and dunk they're getting. Plus, it's just nice to watch LeBron swat shots all over the arena.
- Like gymnastics, men's volleyball may not be "cool" - but again these guys are uber-athletic. Imagine a guy that's 6'8" or 6'9" that can touch 12' or higher. Or a jump serve barreling at you at around 65 mph.
- Has anyone else ever seen a guy get knocked out in Olympic Boxing? I hadn't either - until the other day. He got the standing 8 count, only to collapse after that. I think that has to be a first.
- I don't care how good they are, table tennis is boring to watch.