High Octane Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement | www.RobertsonTrainingSystems.com

Thursday, April 3, 2008

So...

Yes, I've been slacking on the blog lately. It very much is a hit or miss thing with me - sometimes I have a ton to say. Other times? Not so much.

To try and keep the content flowing, let's do some Q&A for a little while to spice things up. If you have questions you'd like me to answer, send them to info@robertsontrainingsystems.com and I'll try to answer a few of them right here.

While we're at it, let's get a little blogging in!

I used to work with a client who was a VERY successful entrepreneur and one of the most intelligent guys I'd ever met. One thing he used to always preach to me was the concept of momentum in life. When you've got it to your back, everything just seems to flow and you get a ton accomplished. When it's stagnant, everything seems harder and it feels like you're spinning your wheels.

This concept has been reiterated to me a lot lately. With regards to my training, have a set goal and focus has gotten me out of a rut and focused on what I want to accomplish. The same thing goes with my professional ventures - now that I have a lot on my plate, the momentum is really shifting and I'm getting a ton done. It's pretty cool.

But enough about me - how can this work for you? If you've got a lot of positive momentum, you need not read much further. But what if you're stuck in the mud?

- Do SOMETHING positive. Get a workout in. Stick with your diet for a day. Get your week's to do list done on Sunday. Basically, do anything possible to get going in the right direction.

- After a few positive reinforcements, tackle something else. If training is going well, focus on your recovery work or your diet. If your work is picking up, focus on spending more time with your loved ones, or doing something that you truly enjoy. The goal is to get momentum working for you in all phases of life.

- When in doubt, keep at it! Just like habits, it seems as though momentum generally takes 3-4 weeks to really pick up steam. Every day may not work out perfectly, but the goal isn't for perfection - it's to have more good days than bad. Once you get the ball rolling, you may be surprised at what you can accomplish.

"May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars." - Blow, 2001

Stay strong
MR

No comments: