High Octane Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement | www.RobertsonTrainingSystems.com

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Question Regarding Bulletproof Knees

Q&A

I read over your Bulletproof Knees site and at first was a little worried that I may know most of the information contained. I've subscribed to a program very similar to the ones outlined in your postural and hip strengthening articles. I've already used a lot of posterior chain exercises with many of the 1-leg variations. In fact, I have intense pain while performing a movement like the squat (or sitting down into or out of a chair), so since January, I have not squatted and have mostly strengthened the posterior chain.

Bulletproof Knees is a comprehensive resource when it comes to post-rehab and performance based knee training. Is there going to be overlap with regards to what I've discussed in my articles? Absolutely! However, just because you've seen or heard of many of the exercises or training tools before doesn't mean they're being correctly applied into your current training program.

One point I'd like to make is in reference to an earlier blog post about people always looking for "new" information. I understand the want and need for "new" information, but the fact of the matter is we already have a lot of the answers out there - we're simply not APPLYING THE CONCEPTS properly.

It's like a great set of tools; you could have the finest tools known to man, but if you aren't using them properly, you're not going to maximize their performance. The same could be said with your training program: Using the right tools for the job is part of the battle, but the other part is using them correctly.


I know and understand that this manual can't solve everyone's problems; I'd be a fool if I did. However, I firmly believe that many people out there are suffering from debilitating knee pain because no one has taken the time to help them overcome their limitations. I may not get you to 100% of what you were in your prime, but I feel like this manual can get you to your best current functional outcome, whatever that may be.

I can't magically heal torn or repaired ACL's, I can't prevent structural biomechanical abnormalities, and I can't reverse the effects of osteoarthritis. But I CAN help you make the best of what you've got, and that's why I created this manual. Good luck!

Stay strong
MR

No comments: