High Octane Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement | www.RobertsonTrainingSystems.com

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Products I Like: Combat Core


I was going to write a whiny, half-assed post today because, well, that's the kind of mood I'm in.
Two words for that: Weak sauce.
Instead, I'd like to chat a little bit about the low back and core training. In lieu of my upcoming projects and seminars, I've really been digging deep on low back information. I mean, who else in their right mind curls up for bed at night reading text books? Okay, other than Eric Cressey?
The answer - me. Yes, I'm a geek. Sue me.
I could go on and on about the biomechanics of the lumbar spine - I'm not as geeky about backs as I am about knees, but it's getting close. The scary thing is that the more I read, and the more I think I understand, the stronger my resolve is to get people healhy. I don't care what anyone says, I still think repetitive flexion and rotation of the lumbar spine is not only bad, but a pretty sure-fire way to get injured. But that's a post for another day.
Regardless, while going over all these materials, I remembered what a great resource Smitty's Combat Core training really is. Smitty takes all the basic principles that should be adhered to with core training, and finds about a million and one cool ways to do it. In all reality, Smitty has more creativity in the nail bed of his pinky finger than I do in my entire body.
If you want to kick your core training up a notch, definitely pick up a copy of Combat Core. I promise you won't be disappointed!
Stay strong
MR

1 comment:

Mike Robertson said...

Smitty actually trains quite a few MMA fighters, and there's tons of pratical applications for combat athletes. Hence the name ;)

MR