High Octane Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement | www.RobertsonTrainingSystems.com

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Fat Loss Troubleshoot and my own fat/weight loss

Last week I finished up Dave Barr's "Anabolic Index", so I figured it's time to read something about getting lean - thus the move to Leigh Peele's Fat Loss Troubleshoot. I'm going to write up something thorough for the newsletter when I'm all done, but I thought I'd give a few intial impressions here in the blog.

First of all, I really like Leigh's writing style; she's got a witty, easy way of saying things. It makes for pleasurable reading overall. So far, she's given an overview of all the chapters, discussed calories, carbs, proteins, fats, etc. Basically, she's laying the groundwork for later chapters that get into the nitty-gritty details behind shedding body fat once and for all.

As many of you know, I just finished up my final 12 days on the Warp Speed diet. Overall, I lost approximately 15 pounds and in general I feel much better overall. My conditioning is up and everything just feels easier. While the Fat Loss Troubleshoot is there to give you the ins and outs and will most likely "teach you how to fish", Warp Speed gives basically tells you "do this and you'll get leaner."

In my opinion one isn't necessarily better than the other - it's more dependent on what YOU want to get out of each.

Do you want to learn it all and be able to write programs/diets for yourself or clients? If so, the troubleshoot may be preferable.

Do you want to be told exactly how to train/diet for the next four weeks for maximal body fat loss? Then Warp Speed may be better for you.

This is turning into a rant more than anything, so I'll do my best to summarize. EVERYTHING is individual. Some people want to learn as much as possible, and that's great. Others don't have the time/inclination, and that's fine too. After all, I pay an accountant, financial planner, and a host of other people to "do" stuff for me that I don't have the desire to learn about myself.

The bottom line here is this: If your goal is to lose body fat, pick the product that works best for you and get the job done. At this point in time, it's rarely an issue of not knowing enough - the key is in applying it properly and consistently.

Stay strong
MR

No comments: