High Octane Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement | www.RobertsonTrainingSystems.com

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Training

In light of my new article coming out at T-Nation soon, I thought I'd give you all an idea of what my training is like right now.

Needless to say, it's quite a bit different than what I'm used to: Shorter rest periods, lighter weights, and really trying to develop some work capacity. Here's what I did on Tuesday's workout:

Magnificent Mobility/Inside-Out combo warm-up

1) Squat, Worked up to 365x5
2A) Pull-ups, 7,6,6
2B) Conventional Deadlifts, 335x5, 385x5 (I suck at these :( )
3A) Green (Average) Band Resisted Push-ups, 3x6
3B) Glute-Hams (Hole #3 first set, #4 second and third), 1x6, 2x8

After the squats everything is done in alternating fashion with a strict 90 second rest period. The weights aren't huge, but the rest period doesn't really allow that right now!

As you can see in the squat clip I've included above, the depth is still dodgy - the first two reps I was "feeling" the weight, versus being aggresive and hitting the hole with confidence. The last three reps are better.

The body is getting stronger and I'm feeling good - can't ask for much more than that!

Stay strong
MR

No comments: