High Octane Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement | www.RobertsonTrainingSystems.com

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Back in the Saddle

Thought I'd give everyone a quick update since I'm WAY AHEAD of schedule today (for once!)

- Training is still going well; I've had two productive low-body sessions this week, and the body is responding really well. I'm starting to crank the volume/intensity up, so we'll see how things are going, but I think I'm getting my recovery dialed in.

- Upper body is coming along as well, albeit a little slower. I've been hitting the push-ups and face pulls heavy, trying to achieve better structural balance overall.

- At the advice of Geoff Neupert, I purchased a 24 kg kettlebell and started doing some swings/GPP work. Well, it's not really GPP work, it's more like "Get ready for the friggin' beach in April" work! ;) I'm already as white as they come, so white and soft just doesn't cut it.

- I just sent in a 15 page e-report on mobility for vertical jump training; Virgil Aponte is bringing the book together, and there are some solid contributors on the list. When I have more updates on its release, I'll let you know.

- I also just got off the phone with Kevin Larrabee; Kevin does the FitCast and FitCast Insider podcasts, and this was another hour long FitCast Insider with me discussing athletic injuries and how to prevent them. If you're a strength coach or athlete, you want to check these out!

That's it from me - hope everyone out there is doing well!

Stay strong
MR

No comments: