High Octane Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement | www.RobertsonTrainingSystems.com

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I-FAST #3 - Unconventional Fitness

One aspect of training that I feel is going to be unique to I-FAST is our energy system work.

Now I'm a powerlifter at heart, so I hate anything that's remotely related to lactic acid. Add in a stationary bike or treadmill, and I'm on the verge of poking my eyes out.

And unless you just have a want or need to punish yourself, I think there are many alternative ways to skin that cat.

With regards to energy system work at I-FAST, let's put it this way - we don't even have a treadmill. That's not to say we will never own a treadmill, but we don't own one as of right now.

What do we have, you might ask? All kinds of fun stuff...

- Kettlebells
- A Prowler
- An Airdyne bike
- Med balls
- Open space for bodyweight circuits
- We'll soon have a sled, heavy bag, keg(s) and tractor tires

Not to mention countless barbell and dumbbell complexes that we can concoct. Quite simply, there are TONS of different ways to challenge your energy systems without ever stepping on a treadmill. And it's our goal to not only get our clients into kick ass shape, but to hopefully have some fun along the way.

If you're interested in training at I-FAST, check out the website:

www.IndianapolisFitnessAndSportsTraining.com

Stay strong
MR

BTW, don't forget that the Indy Seminar DVD's are on sale this week ONLY! Be sure to pick up a copy by following the link below.

2008 Indy Seminar DVD's

No comments: